Microsoft has announced the Windows Bounty Program for computer security professionals (or those that enjoy looking for security vulnerabilities). The target areas are the Windows Insider slow builds of Windows 10, Hyper-V, Microsoft Edge, Windows Defender Application Guard and the mitigation bypass and bounty for defense. The payouts for finding an exploitable vulnerability range from $500 – $250,000.
The overall program highlights:
- Any critical or important class remote code execution, elevation of privilege, or design flaws that compromises a customer’s privacy and security will receive a bounty
- The bounty program is sustained and will continue indefinitely at Microsoft’s discretion
- Bounty payouts will range from $500 USD to $250,000 USD
- If a researcher reports a qualifying vulnerability already found internally by Microsoft, a payment will be made to the first finder at a maximum of 10% of the highest amount they could’ve received (example: $1,500 for a RCE in Edge, $25,000 for RCE in Hyper-V)
- All security bugs are important to us and we request you report all security bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org via Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure (CVD) policy
- For the latest information on new Windows features included in the Insider Previews, please visit the Windows 10 Insider Program Blog