Microsoft has released the latest build to the Fast Ring for the Insider program. This time, we’re taking it up to 19582. As usual, check the known issues for anything that may prevent you from wanting to install this build. A few new things added (to the Your Phone app) and some other good fixes.
General changes & improvements
- In an effort to consolidate information, we’re removing the Windows Security status details from the About Settings. This information is still available under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
- We’re working on giving you control over whether apps can disable the screen capture border. The page isn’t finished being wired up yet, but you’ll see it listed under Privacy Settings.
- We’ve updated the “set time zone automatically” toggle in Time & Date settings to now be greyed out if location has been disabled.
- Based on feedback, we’re updating the Scottish Gaelic keyboard in two ways:
- Pressing AltGR + 7 will now input ⁊ (U+204A TIRONIAN SIGN ET).
- Pressing ‘ will now directly insert that character (right single quote).
- Pressing AltGr + ‘ will now act as a dead key to combine an acute accent with a subsequent letter.
We fixed an issue for Chinese Insiders where Windows setup (for example, if you reset your PC) would get stuck after inputting your Microsoft Account details.
We fixed an issue where, when you upgraded with certain languages like Japanese, the Installing Windows X% page wasn’t rendering the text correctly (only boxes were displayed).
We fixed an issue resulting in notifications sometimes having the wrong actions associated with them (for example, an unexpected reply box).
We fixed an issue causing some attempts to update to a newer build to result in error 0x8007042b.
We resolved the issue preventing the cloud recovery option for Reset this PC from working.
We fixed an issue that could result in a green screen with Win32kbase.sys crash at session shutdown.
We fixed an issue resulting in not being about to navigate between the Xbox Game Bar options using an Xbox Controller.
We fixed an issue where the “set time zone automatically” toggle in Time & Date settings wouldn’t stay enabled.
We fixed an issue that could result in the Open With dialog not accepting the selection when opening PDFs.
We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing “Unavailable” DPI Awareness for all processes.